I have been working on npsp (nonprofit success pack) since it was launched and was called (nonprofit starter pack) that time. It has been an amazing product for nonprofits and I don’t want to miss on including the product tagline “A product build by nonprofits, for nonprofits”. This blog “Nonprofit Success Pack App Suggestions for Sending SMS” is inclined to share some apps and recommendations to be used along with NPSP as an robust solutions available for Sending text messages to their constituents/donors.
The Nonprofit Success Pack is an easy-to-use fundraising and constituent management application on the Salesforce platform. A free and open-source application from Salesforce.org, NPSP harnesses the power of Salesforce’s vibrant nonprofit community in Power Of Us Hub.
Hope you’ve checked my previous blogs on NPSP –
- “Nonprofit Success Pack Account Model and Introduction to TDTM”
- “Payment Processing Solutions For Nonprofit Success Pack”
- “Online Donation Forms For Nonprofit Success Pack”
Let’s start with basics
SMS (short message service) is a text messaging service component of most telephone, Internet, and mobile device systems. It uses standardized communication protocols to enable mobile devices to exchange short text messages.
Salesforce doesn’t provide any standard feature to send SMS, but we can send SMS notifications to Leads, Primary contacts on an organisational Account, constituents/donors and to the records in custom objects. Follow-up can be done easily by sending SMS notifications with the help of different apps those are available in Salesforce AppExchange. It’s a cool feature to have in any application that’s dealing with prospects/customers/donors and it’s pretty handy to configure and use.
Based on my past experiences, here I have listed down certain solutions those are listed in Appexchange and available to use from day one.
- Easily add text messaging to Salesforce
Twilio SMS works out-of-the-box with the Salesforce data and tools you rely on everyday.
- Instantly familiar, extremely flexible
Customize text messaging using Process Builder, Lighting Components, Merge Fields, and more.
- Communicate confidently on a reliable, global platform
Twilio powers over 150,000 organizations, from startups to the enterprise. With one click, your message runs on a redundant Super Network, powering billions of interactions all over the world.
Why We Love It:
- Two way conversations with contacts and leads
- Bulk message builder to broadcast SMS to campaign members
- Group inbox to manage all text messages in one place
- Process Builder integration to trigger SMS with workflows
- Delivery status notifications and reporting
- Scheduling for outbound text messages
- Opt-in/opt-out handling with standard and custom keywords
- Twilio Apex API library to extend to any Twilio channel
- 15 standard reports to analyze engagement and results
2) SMS Magic
Converse Desk prioritizes worklists & alerts users to easily manage any volume of conversations. Converse Apps deliver pre-configured, automated messaging/analytics for nurtures, profiling, surveys and more.
- The most advanced SMS messaging for Salesforce, with the simplest config. and use ever.
- Simple install & configuration–> clickable guidance configures all components. NO CODING REQUIRED
Why We Love It:
- Multiple ways to message -> Standalone Desk, Embedded Inbox for Sales/Service Console, Record page, Lists & Reports
- Incoming SMS Alerts, Classic & Lightning -> Utility Bar, Home Sidebar, Email to SMS, Omnichannel & Chatter
- Messaging Automation -> SMS keywords, SMS reminders & alerts, Salesforce routing
- SMS Apps automate messaging via Process Builder, Workflow & Flows–> Campaign, Manager & Dashboard, Single Message Campaign, Nurture/Drip Campaign, Progressive Profiling, Surveys & Scheduling
- Out-of-the-box Dashboards -> Compliance, Delivery & Rep Productivity
- Seamless Integration with Marketing, Sales & Service Cloud -> Standard & Custom Objects, Integration with Marketo & Pardot & SF1 Support
- Global Coverage–> Long & Short Codes + Toll-Free Numbers, Call Forwarding for SMS-Enabled Numbers, Direct connect in 59 countries, Bring Your Own Number (Landline), Bring Your Own Carrier (Twilio, Nexmo, Ring Central, etc.)
3) 360 SMS
See why so many companies are switching to 360 SMS or picking it from the start! You’ll see it immediately with the install & trial phone # experience, to the docs, to the stronger methods of triggering messages & processing incoming replies & surveys.
- Comes with 90% read rate, 50% response rates! Increase customer engagement within minutes of installation.
- There is a significant difference in architecture & design – Install to see for yourself.
- Within 2 minutes of the trial install you can be sending/receiving your first text messages/ SMS. Guaranteed!
- Available in 159 countries and multi-language compatible. That’s something really awesome.
Why We Love It:
- Automated/Triggered Texting -> Compare our Process Builder methods with competitors, you’ll see the difference, works both with standard/custom objects
- Conversational 1-on-1 texting -> Threaded text messages on any object w/ SMS Conversation View/ChatBot
- Batch Texting aka Bulk SMS
- 100% Native Salesforce -> Only solution to store text messages & MMS exclusively in Salesforce
- Email Alerts on Incoming SMS -> Incoming SMS Alert Dashboard -> Email Reply to Incoming Notifications sends SMS response
- SMS Templates – elegant design & more robust
- Unlimited Batch Texting from SF Reports
- Scheduled SMS & Event Reminders
- Send/ receive Whatsapp messages
- Hyperlink click tracking
- Use your existing land lines, VOIP, Ring Central or short codes
- SMS and WhatsApp messages can be sent and received locally and around the world. Schedule and send 2-way, bulk text messages with Templates and Campaigns. All text messaging history is neatly stored in Salesforce for reporting and automation!
- Create intelligent SMS & WhatsApp surveys and polls. Mogli guides the conversation based on participant responses. Text message responses can auto-create contacts/leads, cases, opportunities, event registrations, donations, and custom objects.
- Mogli: SMS & WhatsApp is the easiest and most elegant text messaging app on Salesforce. Create dashboards to monitor SMS responses for a 360-degree view of your customers, and gain actionable insights with the magic of Salesforce.
Why We Love It:
- Unlimited users
- Global coverage (ANYWHERE with cell coverage), Native SF app
- Use with any Standard or Custom Object (including Person Accounts)
- Schedule and Send Individual/Bulk SMS and WhatsApp messages
- Real-time 1-to-1 SMS & WhatsApp conversations
- Immediate notifications of incoming messages (sound & desktop)
- Clean Conversation View with custom colors for each user, Intelligent text message surveys, forms, polls, and live voting
- Auto-create Contacts/Leads, Cases, Opportunities and event registrations, based on survey responses
- Create reports/dashboards, and run automation based on answers to specific questions
- Intelligent routing to improve throughput at 1/10 the cost of a shortcode
- Bring your own long codes, shortcodes, and toll-free numbers
- Inbound keywords and auto-responses
- Merge fields on individual and bulk texts, use workflow, Process Builder and Triggers to Automate text messages
- Compatible with many SMS & WhatsApp Gateways like Twilio, Nexmo, MessageBird, Plivo
- Text-to-pay or donate
5) Textey SMS
- Send and Receive SMS communication using any standard or custom object. Send bulk sms communication.
- Send and receive image messages.
- Automate your text message communication using process builder or workflow rules.
Why We Love It:
- Manage All your Text Message Conversations from a Unified Inbox
- Bulk Messaging from List View or Campaign
- Build Automations (Process Builder or Workflow Rules)
- Send SMS from any Object
- Configure multiple Phone Numbers
- Templates with Merge Fields
- Image Messaging (MMS)
- Auto Create Inbound Leads
- Automated Conversation Tool with Campaigns
- Link Tracking
- Call Forwarding
That’s all for now, hope you enjoyed this blog “Nonprofit Success Pack App Suggestions for Sending SMS”, I will be introducing many more solutions available that could be added on top of NPSP for various other purposes, so “keep blazing npsp trails” and there are many more blogs to follow soon.