Hello Trailblazers, I’ve started a new blog series “NPSP Features In Spotlight” and this blog “NPSP Features In Spotlight Featuring Sharif Shaalan” is the third blog of this series. The motive of this blog series is to highlight what features of npsp stands out and really helpful for nonprofits according to your experience. This featured blog would contain any two features (Technical/Functional) with a use case to provide a more meaningful approach.
Getting started with the third blog in this series featuring – Sharif Shaalan
Founder & CEO Agile Cloud Consulting, Salesforce MVP Hall of Fame Member – Blogger – Podcaster yappexchange.com – 10 x Salesforce Certified
- Ques 1. Feature (1) to highlight?
- Answer. NPSP Data Imports
- Ques 2. Related to what functional aspect (Ex. Data Import, Donations, Payments, Integration, Appexchange products to support npsp etc)?
- Answer. Data Import/Configuration
- Ques 3. Use-case?
- Answer. The use case is wanting to integrate with an outside data source such as Paypal. Having the integration send the data into NPSP Data Imports, which is a staging object, then having a job to process the NPSP data import records gets everything into the NPSP data model. This cuts out a huge amount of effort as opposed to setting up the integration to write directly to the standard Salesforce objects. Since all of the logic happens on the NPSP data import layer you save time and money!
- Ques 4. Feature (2) to highlight?
- Answer. GAU Allocations
- Ques 5. Related to what functional aspect (Ex. Data Import, Donations, Payments, Integration, Appexchange products to support npsp etc)?
- Answer. Donations
- Ques 6. Use-case?
- Answer. Salesforce is generally not an accounting system of record. In most cases organizations have an integration with an external accounting system. There is also a need at times to split a donation and assign to multiple Accounting Units based on the business use case. GAU Allocations allow you to do this in Salesforce and map back to your Accounting system in an easier fashion.
- Ques 7. Your script to recommend npsp to NGO’s/NPO’s?
- Answer. NGO’s have data model requirements and processes that are outside of the scope of what most CRM’s provide out of the box. NPSP transforms the standard Salesforce CRM into a NGO ready experience that with a few tweaks will meet the needs of most NGO’s out of the box!
This blog is created based on the responses collected from npsp experts in the community. If you find it impactful and worth your time, please find a npsp expert near you and share the form and I’ll draft a blog with the responses online for other #Trailblazers to follow your footprints and brush their skills about npsp, here is the link to the google form: http://bit.ly/npspfeatures
Again, thanks everyone for visiting the blog “NPSP Features In Spotlight Featuring Sharif Shaalan” and hope you’ll find it useful, so please stay tuned as there is more awesome content coming your way. #HappyTrailblazing